Pontiac G6 models from 2005 to 2010 have many suitable features alongside some reported issues. The price of a new Pontiac G6 ranges from around $20000 to $30000. The used Pontiac G6 cars come at a low price rate depending on the conditions, mileage, and performance. So, how much is a Pontiac G6 worth?
Here I have discussed the features of the new and used Pontiac G6 to justify whether they are value-added cars. When we invest in a car, we seek its worth through the quality of the engine, body style, safety features, technologies, etc. So, this analysis will lead you to know the actual productive value of Pontiac G6.
All the information about a new and used Pontiac G6 focuses on evaluating the worth of the investment. Some of the model years of the Pontiac G6 and the GT editions have valuable facts with minimum issues. These increase their worth and efficiency.
How much is a 2010 Pontiac G6 worth?
2010 Pontiac G6 model with the basic engine has a retail price starting around $22000. You can have different necessary and related benefits which add value to its worth.
- 2.4 Liter engine capacity with incline 4 cylinders provides horsepower 164 and above 200 for the GT version.
- A 4-speed automatic transmission system and average MPG from 22-30 are also good features.
- Variable valve timing and double overhead cam type are standard parts of this model.
- Front-wheel drive style is good for better control.
- Variety in the exterior and modest design in the interior increase the beauty.
- Front and side airbags are available for safety from collisions.
- There are also features like 4-wheels ABS and seatbelt sensors.
- High-quality speakers, satellite radio, low fuel indicators, etc are technological parts of it.
- The front hub bearing is marked to have some problems.
- VVT solenoid failure is another common issue about this edition that hinders maintenance of the gear.
- This model has a problem with the proper functioning of the turn signal switch.
Is a 2010 Pontiac G6 worth the investment?
This model carries the basic standard features of previous Pontiac G6 models. Moreover, further enhancement in the engine category helps it to reach better mileage. It is reformed to have better steering control and to mitigate the flaws in gear.
The speed transmission system and variety in body styles also increase productivity and efficiency. The safety features like airbags, anti-lock, etc contribute to the overall quality of the car.
This was the year when General Motors stopped further production of the Pontiac G6. This model has been produced to turn the fate of Pontiac and featured with quality features. But the gap between production and demand could not match up. Above all, it is reasonable to be rated 70-75% worth the investment.
How much is a 2009 Pontiac G6 worth?
Base 4dr sedan of 2009 Pontiac G6 basic form comes at the retail price of $24,500. The price of a convertible GT edition is around $32000. Let’s have a view on impotent issues to compare and finalize the level of worth.
The value-added features:
- 2009 Pontiac G6 has impressive modifications and changes for solving previous issues.
- Color variety with multiple body styles presents a glossy outlook.
- Two engine options of 2.4 L 4-Cylinder and 3.5 L V6 are powerful enough to generate impressive horsepower.
- The gallon-based mileage coverage is better than other Pontiac G6 models.
- Automatic speed transmission and shift controlling system help maintain fuel economy.
- It has been rated well by IIHS for ensuring better safety.
- Hydraulic power steering in the GT edition and numb electric steering give a smooth driving experience.
- A convertible 2-on panel roof and metallic or wooden design in the interior make it attractive.
- Anti-lock brakes, protective airbags, and keyhole sensors increase the safety rating.
- There is a problem with the extended-life coolant which may decrease the longevity of the engine.
- Door lock technology seems to get problematic after a certain mileage.
- Malfunctioning the head and brake light is a common issue against this model.
Is a 2009 Pontiac G6 worth the investment?
The Pontiac G6 edition of the year 2009 was divided into two phases. The positive changes and modifications were further enriched in a mid-section Pontiac G6 called the 2009.5 model. The manufacturer has mitigated the level of many reported flaws in this particular model.
This version also has powerful engines with high capacity. The mileage coverage is also comparatively better. You can also have a strong structure with preferable styles. The standard safety options and attachment of entertainment features are available. There are installments of multiple technologies.
The model of 2009 and another modified version of 2009.5 of the same year altogether one of the best Pontiac G6 editions to buyers. Lots of good features with fewer issues make it 85-90% worth the investment.
How much is a 2008 Pontiac G6 worth?
The retail price of this model starts at $18500. But for GT and GXP editions of the 2007 Pontiac G6, the costs can be around $23000 and $27000. The following things are important to understand the price-wise worth.
- This model has further modifications in its coupe, convertible, and sedan body styles.
- 2.4 L four-cylinder and 3.5 L V6 engine can generate high horsepower from 164 to 219.
- Anti-lock or 4-wheel disk brakes increase the safety rate.
- NHTSA rated it well for frontal impact protection.
- Electric power steering on the base and hydraulic steering on the GT edition provides a smooth driving experience.
- A manually controlled 6-speed transmission system is good for easy acceleration.
- The interior is spacious and lightened gouge, metallic & chromed bodies all give a good look.
- The accessories like remote keyless entry and a 4-way power driving seat are beneficial.
- Standard technologies are also available for comfort.
- This model has a problem with the fracture in the transmission shift.
- A grinding sound while steering irritates the driver.
- The head and brake lights of the 2008 Pontiac G6 occasionally fail to ignite.
Is a 2008 Pontiac G6 worth the investment?
The trend of modifications continued and the 2008 Pontiac G6 model appeared with some specific changes and quality for increasing brand value. The engine capacity is evolved through an advanced speed-transmission system and electric power steering.
The safety precautions and the benefits of automatic features are available. The interior design and variety in the exterior style increased the possibility of more longevity and comfort.
The 2008 model came with new modifications and changes but at a cheap price. Yet, some basic facts have been reported with negative ratings by many consumers. This is likely to be rated 60-65% worth the investment.
How much is a 2007 Pontiac G6 worth?
The 2007 Pontiac G6 with its specific engines has a price ranging from $18000 to $19000. The price of the GT version can reach $22000. There are some important facts to analyze for estimating its worth. These are:
- 2007 Pontiac came with better changes and enhancements.
- It has multiple body styles like sedan, coupe, and convertible.
- This Pontiac G6 model also has two different engine options 2.4 L 4-cylinder and 3.5 L V6.
- This Pontiac G6 year provides a standard MPG of 21-29.
- Two engine types can generate 169 and 224 horsepower respectively.
- The combination of automatic and manual transmission and shift-controlling systems increases driving comfort.
- There are traction control and ABS technologies for more safety.
- Side and frontal airbags are very important for sudden collisions.
- The inclusion of hydraulic power steering help enjoys a fast and sporty driving experience.
- A better sound system, keyless entry, fog lamps, shift knob, and sound system all are great features.
- This model is found to leak oil from the front crankshaft seal.
- There is an issue with a faulty catalytic converter and improper exhaust management.
- The electric power steering seems to lack efficiency.
Is the 2007 Pontiac G6 worth the investment?
General Motors brought the 2007 Pontiac G6 model with different corrections, changes, innovation, and enrichment. There is scope to choose powerful engines for base and GT which can generate the horsepower needed for smooth driving.
There is a great combination in the transmission system with better steering. The safety features are more enriched for protective driving. The entertainment and scientific facilities are also attractive parts of this model.
Among the Pontiac G6 models, this particular year has been appreciated well for better performance. Comparing the number of good facts apart from the common problems, it can be rated 75-80% worth the investment.
How much is a 2006 Pontiac G6 worth?
The base 6-cylinder 4dr sedan edition has a price of $17865 to $19065. The price range GT version can reach up to $23000. Let’s evaluate the combination of value and productivity through the following facts.
The value-added features:
- This Pontiac G6 model comes with additional coupe and convertible body styles.
- There is an availability of dual types of the engine 2.4 Liter with 4-cylinder and 3.5 Liter V6.
- Different engine categories can generate horsepower from 167 to 201.
- This model gives the benefits of anti-lock brake, traction control, and 4-wheel disk brakes, especially for the sedan style.
- A side airbag is also available to protect the head and ensure more safety.
- It has been rated best for probable safety from the frontal crash by NHTSA.
- A stylish interior with spacious seats provides comfort.
- There are attractive attachments of air conditioning, an advanced sound system, locks, alloy wheels, a CD player, and a panoramic sunroof.
- The transmission shift cable of this model have lack structural quality.
- The steering part of the 2006 Pontiac G6 creates unwanted noise.
- This model also has a fault in the power steering that leads to the risk of losing control.
- The hinges of its vanity mirrors are not sturdy and break unexpectedly.
Is a 2006 Pontiac G6 worth the investment?
After the first model of the series 2005-2010, this particular edition came with necessary changes. The engine category has been updated and the 4-cylinder feature is added to increase the MPG and horsepower.
Extra airbags alongside standard safety features are installed in the model. For a comfortable ride and experience, there are different automatic and manual controlling systems. Basic technological advancement is also included.
This model comes with new modifications and many standard features. But there are some problems with this model which put an impact on productivity. Therefore, this has 60-65% worth the investment.
How much is a 2005 Pontiac G6 worth?
A new 2005 Pontiac G6 has a base and GT editions. The base GT 4dr sedan costs $23,300. On the other hand, a Base 4dr sedan will cost $20675. Here are the things to match up the price with the benefits and evaluate the worth.
The value-added features:
- It has a 3.5 Liter V6 engine with modest power.
- There is a 4-speed automatic transmission system and the engine can generate around 200 horsepower.
- 2005 Pontiac G6 GT edition has a manual shifting system to have control of the gears.
- The attachment of side airbags increases safety.
- There is an anti-lock system to control the wheel even after a hard brake.
- This model has a strong structure and sporty speed for a better driving experience.
- The gauge sits, and the interior is polished with chrome and metallic outlook.
- It has standard comforting features like air conditioning, mirror locks, CD player, satellite radio, keyless entry, etc.
- The sunroof, high-standard sound system, alloy wheels, and power glass are great parts of it.
- This model has been reported to have functional problems in electric power steering.
- Excessive sound from the steering sector is irritating.
- It is faced with a major recall for improper installment and function of the BCM connector.
Is a 2005 Pontiac G6 worth the investment?
This Pontiac G6 model was manufactured with several promising features. The high-speed engine and transmission system make it more fascinating. The interior and exterior parts are designed classically. The strong structure help control the gear.
Besides, there are installments of safety materials like airbags and anti-lock brakes. The inclusion of entertainment and other technologies ensures more comfort. The style and performance all add to the main value of this Pontiac G6 model.
It is the first edition of the 2005-2010 series which has a sporty look and coatings. But it has been reported to have some problems with the materials. Considering the pros, cons, and availability of this model, I rate it 65% worth the investment.
How much is a used Pontiac G6 worth?
The average price of a used Pontiac G6 is around $3500-$12000. A used Pontiac G6 comes with distinctive qualities which can justify its worth.
The value-added features:
Very low price: A car with standard features but at a low cost is not easy to find out. Different used Pontiac G6 models have distinctive good and important features but the low price of such a Pontiac G6 car is an attractive fact.
A hint of vintage: Though Pontiac G6 models are discontinued, they come with trendy designs from those specific years. Those designs carry the essence of vintage. Therefore, a used Pontiac G6 is an affordable car of vintage style.
Engine quality: A used Pontiac G6 is supposed to have a productive engine with good quality, capacity, and efficiency. Some of the models of specific Pontiac G6 are proven to have powerful and durable engines.
Better structure: One of the best facts about a used Pontiac G6 is its structural status. Passing a car of this model to the second generation requires a sturdy, solid, and durable internal and external structure.
Ensured safety features: Being previously owned by someone, a used Pontiac G6 has a better possibility to be ensured for its standard safety features. You can seek all the possible safety systems as expected.
Availability of the parts: As Pontiac G6 models are discontinued, it is not easy to get different parts of it. Especially the original retail parts of older models are quite hard to find out. So, it can be a big issue about a used Pontiac G6 car.
Costly repair and replacement: Used Pontiac may have some flaws that will need repair and replacement. Pontiac G6 models are not in the production line so the different replaceable parts are not found in plenty. That’s why any sort of repair is likely to get expensive.
Maintenance and mileage: Used Pontiac G6 may require some extra maintenance over the year. Besides, there is a possibility of not lasting to the expected mileage. So, a cautious approach is required in this regard.
Is a used Pontiac G6 worth the investment?
Multiple features make a used Pontiac G6 appreciable. At low cost, different models of used Pontiac G6 provide powerful engines with high horsepower. You can also choose from multiple body styles and colors. Common and additional safety features are also available.
Though there are possibilities of extra repairing costs and uncertain mileage, proper maintenance can help you to have long-lasting service even from a used Pontiac G6 car. The inclusion of technology and advanced feature also add to your comfort.
Therefore, used Pontiac G6 cars are highly affordable with different necessary features. But there are some facts like availability of parts, repairing cost, and maintenance which are to be considered. Finally, a used Pontiac can be marked 70% worth the investment.
Taking any decision about such a brand like Pontiac G6 which is out of production is never easy. Therefore, in the article “How much is a Pontiac G6 worth?” I have discussed the quality and quantity of the services from a new or used Pontiac G6 car which a buyer usually seeks to make the purchase worth the investment.
After extensive research through different authentic sources, I have found it important to understand the relation between the prices and productivity of a Pontiac G6 car. So, the in-depth evaluations about multiple issues will help and lead you towards investing in the best Pontiac G6 model either new or used.